Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
is a standardised test being administered since 1988 to facilitate Business Schools (B-Schools) to screen candidates for admission to MBA/PGDM and allied programmes. Govt of India, Ministry of HRD approved
MAT as a national level test
Judicial Orders enabling continued acceptability of MAT Score for admission to MBA and PGDM programmes at national level have been issued by Honourable Supreme Court of India and by Honourable Delhi High Court as given below:
- Hon'ble Supreme Court Order dated 18 February 2013 against Writ Petition (Civil) No(s) 89 of 2011.
- Hon'ble Delhi High Court Order dated 7 October 2013 against Letters Patent Appeal 715 of 2013.
Any B-School – in India or abroad – can consider MAT Score as an admission input based on the Score Cards issued to the candidates. The scheme of MAT offers value added services to B-Schools considering MAT Score
for admission to approved post graduate management programmes. Such B-Schools can participate in MAT administration by including their notifications in the MAT Bulletin.
B-School under any of the following groups is eligible to include its notification in the MAT Bulletin:
- Group A: Management Institute, University Affiliated College or University Department approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for imparting MBA or allied Degree/PG Diploma programme in Management.
- Group B: Management Institute or University Department/Directorate directly approved by Distance Education Bureau (UGC-DEB) for imparting MBA or allied Degree/PG Diploma programme in Management.
- Group C: University Affiliated College or University Department approved for imparting regular two year full time MBA or allied Degree programme in Management.
- Group D: University imparting MBA or allied Degree programme in Management, awaiting approval from AICTE.
- Group E: Autonomous Institute under a Ministry of Govt of India imparting regular two year full time PG Diploma programme in Management of allied field.
- Group F: University imparting MBA or allied degree programme in Management or in allied discipline outside India and lawfully established in that Country.
Outstation Campuses, Study Centres, Learning Centres, Knowledge Hubs, Counselling Centres, Guidance Centres, etc., will not be considered as independent B-Schools; though these can be indicated/listed by the parent University/Management Institute in their notification.
AIMA-CMS offers the following services to the participating B-School
- Allotment of unique code number to the Management Institute known as MI Code to facilitate the candidates to endorse their option
- Inclusion of the institute in the list of participating institutes with name, place and MI Code in the bulletin.
- Hyperlinking the website of participating B-School in the listing given in registration portal for candidates.
- Bringing out MAT e-Bulletin incorporating institute's specific notification.
- Preparation of MAT media plan for release of newspaper advertisement/ social media to provide wide media coverage regarding MAT.
- Fixing up of test centres to cover the length and breadth of the country and conduct of the test maintaining total credibility and absolute confidentiality.
- Making arrangements for the conduct of the test as Paper Based Test (PBT)/Internet Based Test (IBT)/Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Processing the result and furnishing the scores and other particulars to the institute in respect of those candidates who opt to join the particular institute.
- Making available the results of the candidates on AIMA website for a year, so that institute can verify the authenticity of the score card produced by the candidate.
- Exclusive provision of data of additional candidates only to the participating institute during the 30 days following the declaration of results, if so desired, as a prepaid service under the Management Institute Search Service. The conditions and other details for availing additional data will be furnished on receipt of specific request from participating B-School.
- Entrance test for recognized programmes
- MAT is upgraded continuously to suit international standards and to fulfill industry requirements
- Time tested since 1988
- Validated through independent studies
- Availed by lakhs of students
- Accepted by hundreds of institutes & university departments
- Employing Latest technology in evaluation & result processing
- Expeditious declaration of results and placing on website
- Online Score Card with photograph
- Test Centres located all over the country
- e-Bulletin cost includes both Registration fees and test fees
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified
- ISO/IEC27001:2013 Certified
The All India Management Association (AIMA) is the apex body for management in India with over 38000 members and close to 6000 corporate / institutional members through 67 Local Management Associations affiliated to it. AIMA was formed over 60 years ago and is a non-lobbying, not for profit organisation, working closely with industry, Government, academia and students, to further the cause of the management profession in India. The association is represented on a number of policy making bodies of the Government of India and na onal associations including the AICTE; National Board of Accreditation; Association of Indian Management Schools, Hyderabad; National Productivity Council, New Delhi. In addition, AIMA brings to the Indian managers, the best management practices and techniques through numerous foreign collaborations with professional bodies and institutions.